Because nothing says NBA quite like early 20th century-inspired whimsy. Besides, limericks are so 1997. Here’s a look at some notable July signings.
1. Deron Williams – Brooklyn Nets (5 years, $98 million)
2. Steve Nash – Los Angeles Lakers (3 Years, $25 million)
Made a Los Angeles dash
He left Phoenix
But took time to toy with the Knicks.
3. Ray Allen – Miami Heat (3 years, $10 million)
You could fill a whole gallon
with the teardrops that will reach
from Beantown to South Beach.
4. Jeremy Lin – Houston Rockets (3 years, $25 million)
equals Knicks win?
Houston didn’t find it funny
And broke out the big money.
5. Nicolas Batum (4 years, $46.5 million)
One can presume
Will be a star at the Rose Garden,
and better long-term than James Harden.
6. JaVale McGee – Denver Nuggets (4 years, $44 million)
A pleasure to watch,
If you’ve been hitting the scotch.